Our MSN program received initial
accreditation from ACEN
Nexus University is proud to announce the action taken by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) at its meeting in March 2022. The Board of Commissioners granted initial accreditation to Nexus University’s master's nursing program with the next evaluation visit for Fall 2026. Please see the official announcements here for the Disclosure of Information.
TAKE THE NURSE’S
PATH TO LEADERSHIP
Nexus University’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Clinical Nurse Leader program is designed to prepare nurses to assume specialized leadership roles. Through a combination of theory, practice and clinical experience, graduates emerge prepared to become a clinical nurse leader or transition to a higher-level leadership position.
A UNIQUE APPROACH TO HIGHER EDUCATION
Our “Learning as a Service” approach makes higher education more accessible, relevant and flexible, with degrees designed for today’s Knowledge Economy.
The MSN focuses on the clinical nurse leader role in either executive leadership or health care informatics. Graduates are prepared to combine their clinical decision-making knowledge with their applied skills to improve quality of care, health care outcomes, and interprofessional communication to meet our community’s needs.
Commission For Independent Education
Nexus University is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), License #3985. CIE is responsible for the licensure of post-secondary, nonpublic, educational institutions in the State of Florida and can be contacted at: 325 W. Gaines St, Suite 1414 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 | 850-245-3200
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Nexus University is accredited as a Branch Campus of Universidad Mayor. MSCHE is a voluntary, peer-based, nonprofit association that performs peer evaluation and accredits public and private universities and colleges. MSCHE can be contacted at: 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 267-284-5000
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (“ACEN”)
The Baccalaureate and the Master’s nursing programs at Nexus University located in Miami, Florida are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000 The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN to BSN and Master’s nursing programs is Initial Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding these programs at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
WHY CHOOSE NEXUS FOR YOUR MSN DEGREE?
- We prepare MSNs to become Clinical Nurse Leaders.
- We have extensive experience with online higher education.
- We make higher education accessible for our students.
- Our nursing programs build off your previously earned degrees.
- You learn essential communication, critical thinking and leadership skills.
- There is no waiting list. All qualified applicants are accepted.
(1) Installment Plan: The student can prorate the total degree cost of the program to be paid on monthly equal interest-free payments while in the program. The student can elect to pay more when possible. No additional fees apply. Reduced Installment Plan: The student can opt to pay a $250 interest-free monthly payment based on the program of choosing; when applicable (depending on duration of the program), the monthly payment will increase 20% yearly. The student must pay the total program commitment before graduation. No additional fees apply.
(*) Degree Requirement: A student needs to complete at least 36 graduate semester credits including 400 clinical hours to satisfy the eligibility for degree. Curriculum Plans for each Specialization: The program of study is completed in 5 sequential semesters. Each semester contains two 8- week sessions and students take a maximum of 6 credit hours per 8-week session. The students will complete 100 clinical hours in each of the four management application courses. Clinical hours can be completed in 1-2 days per week. The program’s instructional modality is hybrid which includes online for theory and in a healthcare facility for the clinical immersion experiences. Students will complete 28 credits hours of Master of Science in Nursing Core Courses and 8 credit hours of specialization courses.