NEXUS UNIVERSITY WELCOMES BRIDGEWAY SCHOOL OF NURSING STUDENTS
The Nexus University School of Health Science and Nursing is proud to form an articulation agreement with Bridgeway School of Nursing to provide students and staff members with a seamless transition between our two schools and to provide continuity for those who wish to enroll in our RN to BSN Program
CAREER LADDER DEGREE ARTICULATION AGREEMENT
Nexus University is partnering with Bridgewawy School of Nursing to provide active students, alumni, and staff members with the opportunity to further their careers by completing a Rn to BSN program at Nexus University.
RN to BSN Program
Nexus University’s RN to BSN Degree Program allows licensed registered nurses (associate degree or diploma) to earn their baccalaureate degree in nursing in three* sequential semesters*. This online degree program allows working nurses the flexibility they need to continue working while advancing their skills.
RN to BSN Articulation Agreement Details
- Engage in culturally responsive patient-centered evidence-based care for professional nursing practice based on foundational and advanced nursing science, current evidence, application of research, and knowledge from other disciplines. (Essentials I, III, & VIII)
- Use health information systems and technology resources to demonstrate integration of knowledge, support lifelong learning, ensure safe practice environments, implement quality improvement initiatives, optimize healthcare outcomes, and promote patient self-management. (Essentials IV & VI)
- Use concepts of leadership, autonomy, and management to formulate effective strategies in policy and regulatory processes to promote health, prevent disease and injury, and improve the healthcare delivery system, the health of the public, and the profession of nursing. (Essentials V, VII, & VIII)
- Communicate effectively respecting dignity, worth, and uniqueness of self and others to improve systems care and collaboration, and optimize patient and population health outcomes. (Essential VI)
- Integrate research findings to provide evidence-based care, support decision-making, and promote safe and ethical nursing practice. (Essentials I, VII & IX)
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Official (original) transcripts appropriately signed and sealed and sent directly to Nexus University.
- International degrees are evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Students must reside in the State of Florida.
- International degrees must be evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Nexus University extends to active Bridgeway School of Nursing students, alumni, and staff, a $4,500 Career Scholarship to each new eligible RN to BSN student. This Career Scholarship is in keeping with our mission to form professionals through educational experiences that stimulate ethical behavior and an attitude of enterprise, innovation, leadership, and respect for cultural and social diversity. Scholarships are not combinable with any other Nexus University scholarship.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Our “Learning as a Service” approach makes higher education more accessible, relevant and flexible, with degrees designed for today’s Knowledge Economy.
Nexus University has an innovative curriculum emphasizing health promotion and evidence-based practice. As faculty, we facilitate the development of critical thinking, initiation of change, and improvement in health care that builds a platform for lifelong learning.
The faculty and its staff members are doing a great job, working together and responding to student emails phone calls, and students' concerns. What I like most about Nexus university is the freedom and responsibility that was given to me to get my assignments and readings done in time and most importantly the opportunity granted to me to see all the assignments and coursework which enabled me to plan ahead of time for each of my classes.
Nexus University's career plan to me is great. After finishing a semester, students should be able to get 2 weeks off before beginning another semester. The faculty and its staff members are doing a great job, working together and responding to student emails phone calls, and students' concerns.
WHY CHOOSE NEXUS FOR YOUR NURSING DEGREE?
- We have experience with online higher education.
- Higher education that’s now more accessible than ever.
- Our nursing programs build off your previously earned degrees.
- We provide you with the tools to become a true professional leader.
- Complete general education courses while advancing your degree.
- You will be prepared to obtain industry certifications.
Commission For Independent Education
Nexus University is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), License #3985. CIE is responsible for the licensure of post-secondary, nonpublic, educational institutions in the State of Florida and can be contacted at: 325 W. Gaines St, Suite 1414 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 | 850-245-3200
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Nexus University is accredited as a Branch Campus of Universidad Mayor. MSCHE is a voluntary, peer-based, nonprofit association that performs peer evaluation and accredits public and private universities and colleges. MSCHE can be contacted at: 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 267-284-5000
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (“ACEN”)
The Baccalaureate and the Master’s nursing programs at Nexus University located in Miami, Florida are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000 The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN to BSN and Master’s nursing programs is Initial Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding these programs at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm