NEXUS UNIVERSITY WELCOMES RIGGS COLLEGE OF NURSING STUDENTS
The Nexus University School of Health Science and Nursing is proud to form an articulation agreement with Riggs College of Allied Health to provide students and staff members with a seamless transition between our two schools and to provide continuity for those who wish to enroll in our MSN Program
CAREER LADDER DEGREE ARTICULATION AGREEMENT
Nexus University is partnering with Riggs College of Allied Health to provide active students, alumni, and staff members with the opportunity to further their careers by completing a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at Nexus University.
Master of Science in Nursing Program
Nexus University's Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Clinical Nurse Leader program prepares nurses to assume leadership roles within one of two specializations: healthcare informatics and Executive Leadership. The program develops prepared nurse leaders through a combination of theoretical foundations, evidence-based practice, and clinical experiences. This master's degree program focuses on combining the complexities of nursing leadership, health promotion, healthcare economics, epidemiology, research, and communication. Graduates will emerge fully prepared to become a clinical nurse leaders or transition to a higher-level leadership position. They may also apply to take the Clinical Nurse Leader certification exam.
MSN Articulation Agreement Details
- Engage in culturally responsive patient-centered evidence-based activities for advanced nursing practice based on foundational and advanced nursing science, current evidence, application of research, and other knowledge from other disciplines. (Essentials I & IV).
- Disseminate knowledge of leadership principles in practice and education to improve healthcare quality, safety, and patient outcomes.(Essentials II & III).
- Use health information systems and technology resources to support lifelong learning, ensure safe practice environments, implement quality improvement initiatives, optimize healthcare outcomes, and promote patient self-management. (Essentials V).
- Implement effective strategies in policy and regulatory processes to effect change in health care improve the healthcare delivery system, the health of the public, and the profession of nursing. (Essentials II, VI & VIII).
- Apply knowledge to improve communication and collaboration to optimize patient and population health outcomes. (Essentials VII & VIII).
- Use analytical methods and translation science to generate evidence for nursing practice, support decision making, promote the safe and ethical nursing practice. (Essentials IV & IX).
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Current, active, and unrestricted professional nursing licensure Florida.
- Students must submit a current government-issued identification.
- Students must reside in the State of Florida.
- International degrees must be evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Nexus University extends to Riggs College of Allied Healthactive students, alumni, and staff members, a $3,500 Career Scholarship to each new eligible MSN student. This Career Scholarship is in keeping with our mission to form professionals through educational experiences that stimulate ethical behavior and an attitude of enterprise, innovation, leadership, and respect for cultural and social diversity. Scholarships are not combinable with any other Nexus University scholarship.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Our “Learning as a Service” approach makes higher education more accessible, relevant and flexible, with degrees designed for today’s Knowledge Economy.
Nexus University has an innovative curriculum emphasizing health promotion and evidence-based practice. As faculty, we facilitate the development of critical thinking, initiation of change, and improvement in health care that builds a platform for lifelong learning.
The faculty and its staff members are doing a great job, working together and responding to student emails phone calls, and students' concerns. What I like most about Nexus university is the freedom and responsibility that was given to me to get my assignments and readings done in time and most importantly the opportunity granted to me to see all the assignments and coursework which enabled me to plan ahead of time for each of my classes.
Nexus University's career plan to me is great. After finishing a semester, students should be able to get 2 weeks off before beginning another semester. The faculty and its staff members are doing a great job, working together and responding to student emails phone calls, and students' concerns.
WHY CHOOSE NEXUS FOR YOUR NURSING DEGREE?
- We have experience with online higher education.
- Higher education that’s now more accessible than ever.
- Our nursing programs build off your previously earned degrees.
- We provide you with the tools to become a true professional leader.
- Complete general education courses while advancing your degree.
- You will be prepared to obtain industry certifications.
Commission For Independent Education
Nexus University is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), License #3985. CIE is responsible for the licensure of post-secondary, nonpublic, educational institutions in the State of Florida and can be contacted at: 325 W. Gaines St, Suite 1414 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 | 850-245-3200
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Nexus University is accredited as a Branch Campus of Universidad Mayor. MSCHE is a voluntary, peer-based, nonprofit association that performs peer evaluation and accredits public and private universities and colleges. MSCHE can be contacted at: 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 267-284-5000
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (“ACEN”)
The Baccalaureate and the Master’s nursing programs at Nexus University located in Miami, Florida are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000 The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN to BSN and Master’s nursing programs is Initial Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding these programs at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm