TAKE YOUR NURSING
CAREER TO THE TOP
The Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at Nexus University is designed to prepare nurses to assume leadership roles incorporating advanced clinical expertise, quality improvement methods, patient safety and care technology, health care policy for advocacy and health system changes.
A UNIQUE APPROACH TO HIGHER EDUCATION
Our “Learning as a Service” approach makes higher education more accessible, relevant and flexible, with degrees designed for today’s Knowledge Economy.
The DNP advances the discipline of nursing by creating innovative health care leaders that collaboratively improve the health of individuals and diverse communities through systems-level change, nursing education, policy, practice, and research.
Commission For Independent Education
Nexus University is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), License #3985. CIE is responsible for the licensure of post-secondary, nonpublic, educational institutions in the State of Florida and can be contacted at: 325 W. Gaines St, Suite 1414 Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400 | 850-245-3200
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Nexus University is accredited as a Branch Campus of Universidad Mayor. MSCHE is a voluntary, peer-based, nonprofit association that performs peer evaluation and accredits public and private universities and colleges. MSCHE can be contacted at: 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 | 267-284-5000
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (“ACEN”)
The Baccalaureate and the Master’s nursing programs at Nexus University located in Miami, Florida are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000 The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN to BSN and Master’s nursing programs is Initial Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding these programs at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
MEET NEXUS UNIVERSITY
Nexus faculty members are leaders in their fields and mentors in the classroom. Learn from instructors who bring an average of 20+ years of working experience to the classroom.
Janie Bailey, PhD, MSN, MS, RN
Dr. Janie Bailey is the Dean of Academic Affairs and a valued leader in our community. Her wide-ranging experience includes university strategic planning and budgeting, forging institutional partnerships and working closely with governmental education agencies. Over the course of her distinguished career, Dr. Bailey has served in leadership roles on dozens of educational boards and committees, published original research and academic materials, qualified to practice nursing in six states and reached the rank of major in the U.S. Army Reserves, from which she was honorably discharged in 2012.
Michelle Isaacson, MSN, MS, RN
Michelle Isaacson has over twenty-two years of experience as a nurse practitioner and is certified as both a women’s health and family nurse practitioner. Throughout her career, she taught didactic, hybrid, and clinical nursing classes. Also been a preceptor to medical and nursing students for 16 years. Michelle worked in private practice for the majority of her career. Throughout her career, she assisted in surgery, rounded in hospitals, provided continuing education courses, conducted research, and presented at national conferences.
Sherry Stone DNP, RN, NPD-BC
Sherry Stone has over 36 years of nursing experience in various specialties, to include progressive leadership and administrative roles, managing and supervising largest staff at 120 nurses. 9 years of experience as an Educator to include position of nursing instructor and ADON, adjunct faculty and education specialist for a simulation lab.
WHY CHOOSE NEXUS FOR YOUR DNP DEGREE?
- We prepare MSNs for upward career mobility and advanced roles.
- We have extensive experience with online higher education.
- We offer higher education that is more accessible than ever.
- Our nursing programs build off your previously earned degrees.
- You learn important communication, critical thinking and leadership skills.
- There is no waiting list. All qualified applicants are accepted.
(1) Installment Plan: The student can prorate the total degree cost of the program to be paid on monthly equal interest-free payments while in the program. The student can elect to pay more when possible. No additional fees apply. Reduced Installment Plan: The student can opt to pay a $375 interest-free monthly payment based on the program of choosing; when applicable (depending on duration of the program), the monthly payment will increase 20% yearly. The student must pay the total program commitment before graduation. No additional fees apply. The program cost does not include application fees, books, technology charges, transcript request, graduation fees or any other additional costs. *Credit Requirements: A student needs to complete the 36 graduate semester credits required in the program. In order to achieve the DNP competencies, the DNP program has a minimum of 1,000 hours of practice post-baccalaureate as part of a supervised academic program as required by the Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2006). Program duration may vary based on individual progress and course load.